[ad_1] You can listen to the full audiobook Wake Up Happy: The Dream Big, Win Big Guide to Transforming Your Life for free at audibay.com
Written by: Michael Strahan
Narrated by: Veronica Chambers, Michael Strahan
Release date: 10/13/2015
Duration: 5 hrs 38 mins
WAKE UP HAPPY distills the wisdom Strahan has gleaned from his his childhood years in Europe where, he grew up as the youngest child in a tight-knit community on a military base, his time with the NFL where his sheer discipline and willpower made him a Hall-of-Fame, legendary football player, and his broadcast career, which puts him contact with the heartland of America every morning.
STRAHAN’S RULES FOR GETTING and STAYING MOTIVATED
1) Grit, desire and discipline are free and the only equipment you need to start just about any endeavor youll set out to do.
2) Show me the baby, not the labor. No one wants to hear your complain about how hard something is. Do the work, stay focused, and remember there are no excuses
3) Sometimes you’ll catch the big fish, and sometimes you won’t but without a line in the water you dont stand a chance.
4) Just thinking about it aint gonna make it happen. Wanting it to happen aint gonna make it happen. Expect it to happen and work every day to make it so.
5) The word inspire comes from the Latin word, inspirae, which means to breathe life into. When I was a pro athlete, it wasnt enough for me to play angry or aggressively or even to train optimally. I had to literally breathe life into my game. Once I did that, I found my reason for playing, my motivation for winning. Whatever your endeavor, until youve tapped into and embraced the idea that is going to inspire, you wont perform at your best.
6) Most of us count ourselves out waaaay too early. We assume that because someone else is the favorite, or even more important everyone is saying that someone else is the favorite, that we shouldnt even try for the win. There are a lot of people who are born with or who are given certain advantages. But trust me when I tell you this, the game of life is a lot fairer than we often realize. Hard work and dedication can carry you a very long way. Youll find your place and it may just be where you least expect it.
7) Pay attention to detail, the specifics of the techniques you are trying to learn or emulate.
8) Don’t ask anybody to give you anything, just ask them to give you an opportunity. You can be anything you want to be, just know you’re going to have to work for it.
9) One of the toughest coaches I ever trained with worked me to the bone. His philosophy was to exhaust players individually before they went to practice with the group. But you know what? I learned more from that coach than I did from almost any other coach. Sometimes, when youre going through something, you cant see that even the most difficult passages are really the most formative. Find a taskmaster early in life. I guarantee, everything you do after you work with him or her will seem easy.
10) Yes, we have to prepare ourselves for the moment so that when opportunity knocks we can take advantage of it and we do that by studying the rulebooks, watching the tape, appreciating the details of whatever situation in which we find ourselves. But once the work is done, we have to relax and have fun or well be so uptight, so wound up, we wont end executing the job with the excellence we had intended.
11) Each step, each day, each moment is an opportunity for something good to happen even though something bad happened just before it. But the key is this: anything can happen, good can and does follow bad, as long as you dont give up.
12) True love should multiply the joy in your life, not diminish all the love you already have and have treasured for years. If your partner in life doesn’t do thatmultiply your joy you’re probably not in the right relationship. The same can be said of your business relationships.
Contact: email@example.com [ad_2]